Portfolio

lördag, juni 30, 2018

Au Pair Reunion

Last time I saw Laura was at my goodbye party (click here to read!) in Woodstock, Vermont in june 2011. So it´s been a while. She was one of my best friends in the states and we were a big group of au-pairs that hung out every week. With and without our hostkids. We had so much fun. We traveled together to New York City, Boston, Canada and did so many cool things together! (you can find everything on this blog actually, if you check out the categories to the right). So I haven´t really traveled that much since my au-pair year, it was enough for me, haha. No but I´ve just prioritized other things, like getting a dog for example. So I haven´t met any of the other au pairs since 2011 even though there have been meet-ups around the world. So when Laura asked me what we´re doing for midsummer and if she could come here and spend midsummer with us I was sooooo happy! She´s from Germany but has been living in Sweden and studying there. And a week ago I picked her up at the airport, and it was like no time had passed at all!
Laura and I

We spent midsummer eve with my family in Terjärv, with a lot of food.


Zoey LOVED Laura from the beginning! 
Zoey tried to go and sleep with Laura every night, haha.
We didn´t have the best weather during her stay unfortunately but what can you do?
Oh how I´ve missed our sauna! It´s so relaxing.


I showed Laura my home village and of course the town where we live now, Jakobstad. 
All the coolest buildings, parks, city center, Aspegrens trädgård, Gamla Hamn, etc.
It was actually fun to be a tourist in your own town!


Of course we ate icecream in Skolparken!

We went to the dogpark with Zoey one night and just walked around our hood.
(on this picture the dogpark is on the other side of the water to the right)


I love to live so close to the sea!
Finding new places.
Zoey literally lied on top of Laura all the time, haha.

4 days went by way too fast but we had so much fun. Maybe not as crazy adventures or partying as the parties we had at Ian´s house but we are responsible adults now, haha. She even made me watch football and we went out afterwards to celebrate Germanys victory! So we did a little partying but it was very calm, haha. I´m going to end this post with some pictures from the good old days.

top left: Halloween party; me, Jenny, Laura & Alicia
top right: me and Laura before a party 
down left: me & Alicia in NYC
down right: Cinthia, me, Laura & Alicia on our way to a mall

Thank you Laura for visiting me ❤
I´ll definitely try to come and visit you in Italy (she´s moving there!)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar